Apply for any open positions by clicking “Apply Now” below or emailing us at email@example.com
Candidates must be 18 years of age or older
Prestige Kennel and Pet Services is seeking reliable Canine Kennel Attendant to provide excellent care to dogs staying at our facility.
Our ideal candidate is someone who loves animals and can provide high-quality pet care for our customers while their dogs lodge with us. We expect you to provide a fun, safe, and clean environment for dogs and put customers at ease, assuring them that their pets will be safe. You will also inform customers of the various services we provide.
To ensure success as a kennel attendant, you should be able to anticipate and tend to the needs of the dogs. Ultimately, a top-notch kennel attendant will be able to tailor their care according to their physical, emotional, and behavioral difficulties.
Prior experience in animal care or kennel management is preferred.
A Canine Kennel Attendant would start in a part time capacity with potential opportunities for additional hours and even full time employment.
Starting at $11/hr but negotiable depending on your experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Give dogs food and water throughout the day
- Take dogs for walks in all weathers
- Assist in bathing and other guest amenities.
- Clean and maintain guest rooms, keeping them free of waste, fur/hair, and other unsanitary or hazardous materials
- Supervise play areas to ensure pet safety
- Keep records of feeding and walking schedules for each dog
- Perform light receptionist duties, such as answering phones and emails
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- At least 18 years old
- Prior experience at a dog daycare facility, shelter, or in personal animal care preferred
- Familiarity with various dog breeds, ability to work with and handle all breeds and sizes of dogs
- Passion for taking care of animals
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina for cleaning, maintaining kennels, and supervising dogs
- Frequently required to bend, stand, stoop, walk, sit, talk, and listen, frequently working in a bent position.
- Use strength or agility in capturing and restraining stronger, more active animals.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally handle dogs weighing up to and over 150 lbs.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions
- Able to work weekends